Thursday, July 23, 2009

Burnt goat and seven other courses served cold at a dysfunctional family Christmas

Sister Mary likes to torture my ears
Help! stick a fork in this roasted goat
Her ugly sister
Just plain wicked and mean
Please kill me with the cheese knife now

Bully's beef was right suited for the bar
And a right piece of work that I'm sure
He's no one too know
Dev' rants, I nail a cross to the door

I am the strange one (as rumours spew)
All alone up in my bell tower
That no meat diet
Makes you right for jest
As if tofu makes you luna's kin

The air smells ripe with family dysfunction
Chicken nuggets dripping in pathos
Was served to quell the growing
Asps slithering 'round my feet
Full,the boys flocked back to their pit

Witch hazels brood(from questionable stock)
The comedy relief in this noir tale
Preforms for a dime
A price still too steep
Force fed crap can only go one place

His friends,no family of their own?
Always up for a free meal and drink
There'd be users and thieves
The puppet kings
Too jokers dance of the twilight imp

On the couch,sprawl the other relations
Bothers in law, drunk on bitter whine
They have nothing to say
Any other friggin' day
But tonight,my time is there's to fill

The silence of night shattered by a fight
Every beast is foaming at the mouth,eyes aglow
This ain't looking good!
But I don't really care
Look out stomach here I come,mint?

While the rotten fruit of their loin plot
Cus' I said, Auntie Social, and It
Quickly hash their plan
Fueled on bull crap and rum
A shiny new driver set is pulled

Waite I cry out! this is a little harsh
Is this about the gifts you gave last year
I loved the ankle socks
And the craft paper
The best gifts I ever gave away

From the sofa arose such a clatter
"Choke cherry pie and bitter aid for all"
Twas the last course served
At this my last supper
To all a good life, away from mine...

Kendall Oliphant 2009

No comments: