Tick,tick,tick.
That is the sound of the seconds
Disappearing from my life
Forever, never to return
Seconds left of precious solitude
Then its off to put in the time
One more day I tell my self
But its become such a drain
Numb and cold as the morn
Is my brain, no fire, no passion
Why, who cares?
Just another drone cranking out the crap
The sandman's dopamine cocktail
Creeps slowly out of my system
A fog surrounds my brain
That no amount of caffeine can lift
Out the dirty window
I can see the sun slowly making its ascent
Too battle the knight of darkness
And his creativity sapping shadow warriors
Eight hours to freedom
Then home again, too what?
Booze makes me sick
And cures nothing that hurts
The truth is, I'm not like most
I don't hide from depression
I look it right in the eye
And ask this monster to bring it
I have no weapons to hide
Adrenaline clouds your judgement
Pride talks too much
Crutches can only hold you up so long
Wisdom is the only thing I have
It tells me when to stay and fight
And when to abandon a lost cause
Judgement day is some day, just not today
Forty hours in hell are behind,
Seventy-two in purgatory are almost gone
And the their is no heaven
Just a chance to do it all over again, better.
I don't trust happy people,
They're simply full of crap
Sad people make me sick
Quit bitching and moaning
Am I weird? Maybe,
But I feel my best when it rains
Cleansed is my soul, clear is my mind
Comfortably numb, ready to do it again
Kendall Oliphant 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment