I sit and try to think but nothing comes,
Through miles and miles of thought my mind does run.
Of memories shared or once forgotten,
Everything that was said or did.
I turn to the window and seek advice,
From what light the gloomy morn offers.
I want to embrace the rays of solace,
But longing questions lurk in the shadows.
There's happiness out there beyond this window,
But this window of my soul obscures all.
I hear the birds chirp, and hear the bees buzz,
But they're buzzing for everyone but me.
The outside is full of joyous laughter,
Children joining the chorus of suns rays.
But I'm deafened by the random white noise
Emanating from a butterflies wings.
This butterfly is not the cause of my angst,
Simply the catalysis for a pending storm.
The flapping wings stir the air and cause change
To the calm that I seek in a system.
Born out of chaos, my life is defined,
By some initial conditions bestowed
On me by some shadow master unknown
I'm one of destiny's shadow puppets.
My masters face hidden from my eyes,
By a torrent cascade of malevolence.
Brought forth by storm riders with blood on their hands.
I am now a maelstrom of emotion!
I step out hoping to irradiate
This beast of misery back to its lair
Return! Return to the darkness I scream out
You know nothing about me! I Know your game!
The anger subsides as quick as the wind.
If the butterfly had not flapped its wings,
Things would be vastly different, for sure.
But the butterfly did not cause the storm.
Light the dark corners of fate is the key
To finding answers for unknown questions
Set fourth by our master in his quest to
Lead us through the life we so desire.
Kendall Oliphant 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment